Longing for smoother, straighter hair?
What Is Keratin? It's a protein that's naturally in your hair.
How It Works: A stylist applies a keratin hair-straightening product to your hair and then uses the heat of a flat iron to seal it in. The process takes about 90 minutes or longer, depending on your hair's length. Salon keratin products include Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy by Coppola, Global Keratin Complex, the La-Brasiliana treatment, Brazilian Keratin Treatment, the Brazilian Blowout, and Brazilian Hair Straightening.
- Time-Saving Tresses: If you usually style your hair straight, a keratin hair-straightening treatment could shorten your blow-dry time by 40% to 60%.
- Farewell, Frizz: You can forget about frizzy hair after treatment. "You could walk out in moist or light rain and your hair won’t change," Borday says.
- Wait Before You Wash: You shouldn't wash your hair for three or four days after getting the treatment. That's because the solution takes time to work, he says.
- Upkeep: After you get a keratin hair treatment, and after the don't-wash waiting period, you should use sodium-sulfate-free shampoo to help maintain the treatment.
- How Long It Lasts: Expect the results to last two to 2 1/2 months.
Hair Plastic Surgery provides strong hair, together with an absolute smoothing effect, intense shine and a maximum of discipline. It is recommended for wavy and curly hair, with or without other chemical hair treatments. Another distinguishing factor is that it has no incompatibility with other products previously applied, and neither in the case of future applications.
The Hair Plastic Surgery is comprehensive, and offers products for professional use and also products for home maintenance, thereby extending the results obtained in the beauty salon for an additional period of time.